ABOUT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Access to and use of 'oakleaves.org.uk and any sub-domain' both within the UK and internationally is provided by Leicestershire County Council (together the relevant local council) on the following terms:
2. This website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. By using 'oakleaves.org.ukand any sub-domain' you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of 'oakleaves.org.ukand any sub-domain'. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to'oakleaves.org.ukand any sub-domain'.
3. As Leicestershire County Council may change these terms from time to time you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of this website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on this website then the latter shall prevail.
4. The failure or delay of either Leicestershire County Council or the local council to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive it's right to enforce that right.
5. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes. If any provision of the foregoing is held to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
USE OF 'oakleaves.org.uk and any sub-domain'
6. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of this site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
DISCLAIMERS & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
7. Whilst Leicestershire County Council (together the relevant local council) make every effort to keep the information on this site accurate, they disclaim any liability for any warranty or representation, express or implied about the accuracy, completeness or appropriateness of that information for a particular purpose and you must satisfy yourself on these matters before using such information. Accordingly, you assume full responsibility for using the information on oakleaves.org.ukand it sub-domains, and you understand and agree that by doing so Leicestershire County Council, its local councils nor its employees are responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use.
8. Web site material and that relating to third party information, products and services is provided 'as is', without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness or a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
9. We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the service that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with this site.
10. We add links to third party sites to help you find more information related to our services. However Leicestershire County Council (together the relevant local council) cannot be held responsible for the content of any external site linked to from within this site. Any links to third party websites from this site do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Leicestershire County Council, the relevant local council and or its partners and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
11. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on this site and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in Leicestershire County Council or its licensors (which includes other users).
12. Use of material on this site is modelled on a Creative Commons license. You are free to copy, distribute, display and perform the work on this site ONLY under the following conditions:
- Attribution – You must give the original author credit
- Non-commercial – You may not use this work for commercial purposes
- No Derivative Work – You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
13. For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder. Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
14. By sharing any contribution with this website (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant this website, free of charge, permission to use the material in content for promotional purposes, worldwide.
15. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
16. In order that this website can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give this website permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
17. The administrators of this website may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects. For full details of when and how we may contact you please see the Privacy Statement.
18. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with this website.
19. If you do not want to grant to this website the rights set out above, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with us.
20. You agree to indemnify Leicestershire County Council, the relevant local council and or its partners against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by this website as a result of your breach of the above warranties/representations.