East Leicestershire LEADER is open for outline applications.
Before considering whether to apply, you should ensure your business is within the East Leicestershire LEADER area. This includes all of Melton and Harborough Districts and parts of Charnwood and Blaby Districts. You can check this using our handy post code checker, which can be found on the East Leicestershire LEADER homepage.
If your business is in a rural part of Hinckley and Bosworth Borough, you may be eligible for the North Warwickshire and Hinckley & Bosworth LEADER Programme. If this applies to you, please visit https://www.northwarks.gov.uk/erh/site/index.php.
Current Funding Call
This call is focussed on one LEADER priority:
- Support for Forestry productivity
We are looking for projects that will boost Forestry productivity in the area.
Forestry is making an increasing contribution to rural growth. Funding through LEADER aims to deliver permanent new supply chains and jobs and at the same time restore regular management to local woods and encourage added value to timber products.
Who Can Apply?
- Owners of private forestry holdings
- Small and medium sized forestry contracting businesses
Projects must be within the East Leicestershire LEADER Area. You can check this using our handy post code checker.
How Much is Available?
- Grants of between £2,500 - £35,000 are available
- In most cases LEADER can fund up to 40% of a project's eligible costs
Examples of Eligible Costs
- Investments in machinery and equipment to help the production, extraction, mobilising, processing and marketing of timber and non-timber forest products
- The processing, mobilising and marketing of products for new forestry technologies
- Investments that enhance forestry potential or add value to forest products by processing, mobilising or marketing
- The costs of developing wood-fuel supply chains
- Transportation of wood within a forest by specialised forestry equipment, excluding standard transport activities
- Investments in the production, processing and marketing of non-timber forest products, particularly wild venison, including cold storage and butchery facilities
The document below provides further guidance on items of equipment that may be eligible for funding through the LEADER programme:
- Hand tools and consumables
- Investments in woodland creation or the management of woodland itself
- Preparation of woodland management plans
- Large scale or industrial processing by static machinery
How to apply
You can apply when a call window relevant to your project is open. In order to apply, you will need to download and complete the outline application form below:
- East Leicestershire LEADER outline application form (MS Excel, 751 Kb)
Complete this form in its current format and send to email@example.com before the application deadline. Hand written applications will not be accepted. Please use the guidance document below to make sure you have filled in the form correctly. If you require any assistance with this or require the form in another language or format, please contact the East Leicestershire LEADER Team and we will do our best to help.
Useful documents to help you complete the Outline Application form:
- East Leicestershire LEADER Outline Application Guidance
- East Leicestershire LEADER Applicant Handbook (PDF, 663 Kb)
The Handbook contains helpful information to help you complete your application. Please read through this before applying.
If you wish to discuss a potential application before applying, please contact the team via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0116 305 9010.