PechaKucha is back with 20 images in 6 minutes presented by a host of inspirational creatives.
This event will be held at Seed Creative Academy in Leicester on Thursday 4th May 2017, 18.00-20.00. Guest presenters include:
Jon Prest, Creative Director of Seed Creativity. www.seedcreativeacademy.co.uk
Jo and Franne - Directors of A Dozen Eggs. www.adozeneggs.co.uk
Jiten Anand - Director of Inspirate. www.indiansummer.org.uk
Liz Clark - Dancer - Turned On It's Head. www.turnedonitshead.org
Barry Bulsara - printmaker and designer http://barrydbulsara.com
A PechaKucha presentation has 20 slides, each of which displays for 20 seconds before moving on to the next slide. For this reason, PechaKucha is sometimes referred to as 20x20 presentation.
This event will be suitable for creative people and businesses and anyone interested in learning more about the speakers listed.
For more information and to book, please visit - http://www.creativeleicestershire.org.uk/events/32991688027/
The Mick George Community Fund:
- provides grants of between £5,000 and £50,000
- projects need to be within 10 miles of a landfill site – NB this is anywhere within the blue boundary line on the interactive map on the web site
- its linked to the landfill communities fund so a third party contributor will be required
- grants are for community based projects in line with the landfill communities fund
- community based organisations, trusts, charities and local authorities can apply
- grants will be available for capital improvement works to public amenity projects. Examples may include:
- •Village halls
- •Village greens
- •Public playgrounds
- •Sports fields and facilities
- •Nature reserves
- •Community centres
- •Cycle paths
- •Country parks
- The next deadline is 27th Sept 2017
- Please speak to the grant officers before applying
Please see web links for more info:
Following the announcement that a General Election will take place on 8th June 2017, the next funding call for East Leicestershire LEADER will open on 12th June 2017.
Further updates will be available on the East Leicestershire LEADER website east-leicestershire-leader.html or the team can be contacted by email at: email@example.com or by telephone on 0116 3056298.
The Prince's Countryside Fund provides more than £1m in grants each year to projects across the UK. Grants of up to £50,000 are available for innovative projects that will provide a lasting legacy to the individuals and communities they seek to benefit.
The Prince's Countryside Fund seeks applications to support activity that results in a long-term positive impact on rural communities by helping the people that live and work in the countryside. The grant programme currently aims to tackle the following key rural issues:
- To improve the prospects of viability for family farm businesses
- To sustain rural communities and drive economic vibrancy
- To support aid delivery in emergency and building resilience
The Fund is open for applications twice a year. The next round of applications will be open from 13th March - 13th April 2017.
For more information, including eligibility and guidance, please see the following link: http://www.princescountrysidefund.org.uk/grant-giving-programme/grant-programme
Leicestershire County Council's SHIRE Community Grants programme for 2017-18 will soon be open for applications.
Although the details of the SHIRE Grant Fund for 2017-18 are in the process of being finalised, it is expected that the grants will continue to be focussed on supporting projects that provide community-based solutions for vulnerable and disadvantaged people.
We are inviting organisations from the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector, who are working with vulnerable and disadvantaged groups, to attend a Launch Event on:
- Monday 13th March
- 5.30pm to 8.00pm
- County Hall, Glenfield, Leicester
The event will include the opportunity to:
• Find out more about the new SHIRE Community Grants Programme for 2017-18
• Hear about successful community projects which have been delivered with the help of SHIRE Grant funding
• Learn more about the Council's approach to working with the voluntary and community sector, to help achieve the aims and objectives of our Communities Strategy
There will also be an opportunity to network with other organisations and share and learn from each other.
We will providing a buffet and refreshments from 5.30pm, with the event to begin at 6.00pm at County Hall.
If you are interested in attending this event, please go the following website to book a place:
Please note that space is limited, and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis, so please ensure you book a place as early as possible.
The Digital Growth Programme will deliver 240 free workshops across Leicester and Leicestershire between 2017 and 2019 to support local SME's with digital marketing and technology. Ongoing support from dedicated Digital Skills Advisers and grant funding opportunities will also be available through the programme.
The Digital Growth Programme is managed by East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire). It is delivered in partnership with Leicester City and Leicestershire County Councils and is an initiative funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Businesses across Leicester and Leicestershire are invited to attend free breakfast seminars to launch the new Digital Growth Programme that will deliver 240 free workshops between March 2017 and June 2019, providing support and advice through dedicated Digital Skills Advisers, and grant-funding opportunities to businesses who require help with technology/digital projects.
The Digital Growth Programme Launch seminars will walk attendees through the registration process and provide an overview of the Digital Growth Programme outlining the real benefits associated with signing up. There are five launch events between 10 February and 14 March 2017 across Leicester and Leicestershire.
All of the events are breakfast seminars 8am – 11am.
You must book to attend a seminar. See below for a full list of available dates and follow the link to book on to your nearest location.
Leicester & Leicestershire Launch Events
10 February 2017 – Leicester
(Click here to register)
14 February 2017 – Melton
Melton Borough Council Offices
(Click here to register)
2 March 2017 –Loughborough
Quorn Country Hotel
(Click here to register)
8 March 2017 – Hinckley
Jurys Inn Hinkley Island Hotel
(Click here to register)
14 March 2017 –Harborough
Harborough Innovation Centre
(Click here to register)
For more information contact:
Kam Atker, Event and Engagement Officer: 0333 320 0333 (ext. 2219) or 07971403786 or email Kam.Atker@emc-dnl.co.uk
Dimple Chauhan, Event and Engagement Officer: 0333 320 0333 (ext. 2212) or email : Dimple.Chauhan@emc-dnl.co.uk
Businesses are now invited to submit expressions of interest for support under the RDPE Growth Programme. The RDPE Growth programme supports projects which create jobs and growth in the rural economy. The grants are funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
Business in Leicestershire can apply in the following categories:
- Food Processing
- Rural Tourism Infrastructure
Further information about the sort of projects that can be funded by the programme, eligibility and how to apply are available via the Rural Payments Agency website - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rdpe-growth-programme
An information event will also take place on 3rd February 2017, 9:30am - 12:30pm at Harborough District Council. This will be an opportunity to find out more, discuss potential projects and to network with other local businesses. To find out more about the event and to book a place, please see the following link - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/call-launch-european-agricultural-fund-for-rural-development-tickets-31443358933 - or see the attached flyer.
Call Launch Information Event
- 3rd February 2017, 9:30am - 12:30pm
- Harborough District Council, The Symington Building, Adam & Eve Street, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 7AG www.harborough.gov.uk)
In conjunction with the Rural Payments Agency, the Leicester & Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership is holding an event for businesses and organisations wishing to apply for grants from the latest round of EUROPEAN AGRICULTURAL FUND for RURAL DEVELOPMENT (EAFRD).
Two EAFRD calls, each up to the value of almost £1m, are due to open locally and they will support projects that relate to:
TOURISM INFRASTRUCTURE; capital investments in the creation of visitor attractions, recreational and small scale infrastructure that will increase visitor spend and attract visitors to stay longer.
FOOD PROCESSING; investments that support growth in local food and drink processing businesses and encourage innovation, higher productivity and skills development.
The Rural Payments Agency will be speaking about the national EAFRD programme and application process and local partners will be providing information on priorities for the calls for Leicestershire and other grant funding opportunities (e.g. LEADER Programme).
There will be scope for interested businesses and stakeholders to discuss in more detail potential projects and making application to the programmes as well as networking with other interested parties.
If you are interested in attending this event, please register at: https://eafrdcalllaunch.eventbrite.co.uk.
Businesses are invited to attend the free business breakfast event on Friday 3rd February 2017.
Blaby District Council is hosting the event at the Leicester Marriott Hotel, Smith Way, Grove Park, Enderby Leicester, LE19 1SW starting at 7.30am with the promise of a free tasty breakfast on arrival. The event will finish no later than 9.30am, and complimentary car parking will be available on site.
- Hear the latest business support updates direct from a LLEP guest speaker.
- Hear from two local colleges how SMEs can receive FREE business skills support for employees.
- Find out about funding and support programmes for local businesses.
- An update on the local economy and key developments.
- An excellent opportunity to network with other local business people.
Places are limited so businesses and individuals are urged to book early by contacting Alison Newitt, Economic Development Officer, at Blaby District Council on 0116 272 7765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also advise of any special dietary needs.
Please see the attached flyer for details.
Leicestershire County Council, Harborough District Council, Leicester City Council and the NHS in conjunction with the East Midlands Chamber of Commerce has organised this free seminar, aimed primarily at small firms and the voluntary/community sector operating in these areas.
Venue: The Three Swans Hotel, Market Harborough
Date: 28 February 2017
Time: 8am to 11am
This seminar aims to :
• Focus on public procurement processes and seeks to enable more small organisations to feel empowered about tendering for locally-available work across the county.
• Clarify the process involved, as well as to showcase where the opportunities are to be found - including the support available - and to share some examples of best-practice.
• Clarify some common misconceptions about what the process entails, and to welcome more tenders to help raise quality standards and promote best-value
• Offers an informal opportunity to raise any questions (or concerns) about existing processes, and provides suppliers with an opportunity to ask questions for public buyers to address.
Further information on the event and booking arrangements can be found via the Source Leicestershire Website - http://www.sourceleicestershire.co.uk/contracts/show/id/14982